CPAP BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE 22/23
All families are invited and encouraged to attend the Board Meetings.
Meetings will be In-Person in the VG Library
Time: 8:30-10:00 AM
Meeting dates are as follows but are subject to change:
SRVUSD’s Continuous Progress Alternative Program
What is the Continuous Progress Alternative Program (CPAP)?
CPAP is a San Ramon Valley Unified School District (SRVUSD) elementary alternative program. Our program is open to all elementary students in SRVUSD. We are located at Vista Grande Elementary because we were founded by Vista Grande parents in partnership with SRVUSD over 30 years ago. The term "continuous progress" in our program name refers to our program belief that student progress should be continuous with curriculum and instruction tailored to meet individual student needs. Our approach is to challenge students individually to work to their highest ability. We seek to build within each student a sense of responsibility, self-discipline, confidence, and pride in accomplishment in a nurturing environment.
CPAP classes use SRVUSD initiatives, curriculum and instruction combined with the following enhancements:
- Lower student to adult ratio, achieved through trained classroom paraeducators (teacher assistants ). For approximately 5 hours/day, the student to adult ratio is lowered from 24:1 to 12:1 in grades K-3 and from 30:1 to 15:1 in grades 4-5.*
- Approximately 24.5 hours/week of paraeducator support, including 5 hours/week of targeted reading support for grades K-2 and math support for grades 3-5.
- Spanish language enrichment instruction for grades K-5 (30 minutes of instruction, twice a week for grades K-3 and 1 hour of instruction, once per week for grades 4-5).
- Additional classroom resources and staff collaboration time (one half-day for CPAP teachers to collaborate with one another and one half-day for CPAP teachers to collaborate with their paraeducators).
- Consistent class groupings. Students remain together as they transition from grade to grade, facilitating consistency and a deep level of camaraderie in their social and learning environment. One class in each grade K-5 on the Vista Grande campus participates in CPAP.
- Innovation. CPAP offers innovation grants for teachers to innovate both inside the classroom and/or outside the classroom with their CPAP or grade level peers.
- A strong partnership between home and school. Parents are provided regular opportunities to volunteer both inside and outside the classroom. An Advisory Board comprised of both parents and staff, guides CPAP.
* Classroom paraeducator support, Spanish instruction, and classroom resource targets are based on our ability to fundraise $1,165 per student to meet our annual operating budget. Should our fundraising efforts not be sufficient to provide these enhancements, adjustments to the program will be made. Fundraising goal is determined yearly by the Advisory Board upon approval of the operating budget for the following school year.
How do I get my child into this program?
1. Complete an Application. Click HERE to access an application!
- For the 23/24 school year, applications for the Kindergarten Lottery must be submitted to the Vista Grande Office by Friday, February 10, 2023 to qualify for the kindergarten lottery.
- Applications for grades 1-5 are accepted at any time. We anticipate openings in grades 4 and 5 due to SRVUSD's class size increase at these grade levels. Our sibling priority policy is applicable to all siblings of 4th and 5th graders.
- Please refer to the application for our admission policies.
2. Attend a Mandatory Parent Orientation.
- Parents applying for Kindergarten are required to attend the CPAP Information Night on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM.
- Parents applying for grades 1-5 may attend the CPAP Information Night on Thursday, January 19, 2023 or New Family Orientation, date to be determined in August.
- If you are unable to attend a mandatory orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the date of the orientation.
3. Kindergarten Lottery
- February 13, 2023
- Kindergarten Admission Policy
- New Student Application (DUE FEB. 10, 2023 for the 23/24 School Year)
22/23 CPAP BOARD MEMBERS
|Vice-Chair||Sophia de Bruyn|
|Co-Treasurer||Erin Tulley & Sandy Sheehan|
|Membership||Amanda Butland & Jen Verriere|
|Community Service||Annelise Bjannes|
|Communication Chair||Lara Forbes|
22/23 CLASSROOM REPS
Kindergarten: Todd Mork
1st: Yuval Simonov-Gur
3rd: Jen Verriere
5th: Stephen Sumski