CPAP BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE 23/24
Time: 8:00-9:30 AM
|May 8 (9:00-10:30)|
Continuous Progress Alternative Program
UPCOMING: CPAP Parent Information Night
Ever wondered about VG's cool CPAP program?
Join us for our CPAP Parent Information Night on
Thursday, January 18 @ 7 PM in the VG MPR
Everyone interested is welcome!
Incoming Kindergarten families are required to attend an Information Night to apply to the CPAP program.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Continuous Progress Alternative Program (CPAP)?
- Lower student-to-adult ratio, achieved through trained classroom paraeducators (teacher assistants ). For approximately 5 hours/day, the student-to-adult ratio is lowered from 24:1 to 12:1 in grades K-3 and from 30:1 to 15:1 in grades 4-5.*
- Approximately 24.5 hours/week of paraeducator support, including 5 hours/week of targeted reading support for grades K-2 and math support for grades 3-5.
- All classroom paraeducator support will be used at the discretion of the teacher and principal.
- Spanish language enrichment instruction for grades K-5 (30 minutes of instruction, twice a week for grades K-3 and 1 hour of instruction, once per week for grades 4-5).
- Additional classroom resources and staff collaboration time (one half-day for CPAP teachers to collaborate with one another and one half-day for CPAP teachers to collaborate with their paraeducators).
- Consistent class groupings. Students remain together as they transition from grade to grade, facilitating consistency and a deep level of camaraderie in their social and learning environment. One class in each grade K-5 on the Vista Grande campus participates in CPAP.
- Innovation. CPAP offers innovation grants for teachers to innovate both inside the classroom and/or outside the classroom with their CPAP or grade-level peers.
- A strong partnership between home and school. Parents/guardians are provided regular opportunities to volunteer both inside and outside the classroom. An Advisory Board comprised of both parents/guardians and staff guides CPAP.
How do I get my child into this program?
- For the 24/25 school year, applications for the Kindergarten Lottery must be submitted to the Vista Grande Office by Friday, February 9, 2024, to qualify for the kindergarten lottery.
- Applications for grades 1-5 are accepted at any time. We anticipate openings in grades 4 and 5 due to SRVUSD's class size increase at these grade levels. Our sibling priority policy is applicable to all siblings of 4th and 5th graders.
- Please refer to the application for our admission policies.
- Parents/guardians applying for Kindergarten are required to attend ONE of the following two options: (1) CPAP Information Night via ZOOM on November 8, 2023, at 7:00 PM OR (2) In Person on Thursday, January 18, 2024, at 7:00 PM in the Vista Grande MPR.
- Parents/guardians applying for grades 1-5 may attend the CPAP Information Night on November 8, 2023, or Thursday, January 18, 2024, or New Family Orientation on August 16, 2023, at 6:00 PM in the Library.
- If you are unable to attend a mandatory orientation, please contact email@example.com prior to the date of the orientation.
23/24 CPAP BOARD MEMBERS
|Chair||Sophia de Bruyn|
|Co-Treasurer||Erin Tulley & Sandy Sheehan|
|Community Service||Annelise Bjannes|
|Outreach||Julia DeRenzi & Annelise Bjannes|
|Communication Chair||Melissa Hilton|