Under the umbrella of the San Ramon Valley Education Found, Falcon Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to enhance the quality of education for Vista Grande students.
The State of California provides no funding for classroom paraeducators (teacher assistants) or elementary art, music, and technology programs. Falcon Fund raises money to fund classroom paraeducators as well as high-quality art, music, and technology programming. Vista Grande classroom paraeducators spend 9.5 hours in every TK-2nd grade and 6.5 hours per week in every 3rd-5th grade classroom, providing targeted reading, writing, and math support to students. Beginning in Kindergarten, all of our students receive art, music, and technology classes each year.
Vista Grande Classroom Paraeducators
Drawing on data, research, and best practices, Vista Grande paraeducators partner with teachers to provide students with a multi-tiered system of support:
- Tier 1 Support – The Whole Class: Paraeducators work with the whole class, in small groups, and one-on-one to support students. They assist the teacher with reading, writing, math, spelling/phonics/grammar instruction as well as running records/assessments in reading, writing, and math.
- Tier 2 Support – Small Group Intervention: Paraeducators provide targeted support in small groups to address different student strengths and areas of need.
- Tier 3 Support: Intensive, Individualized Support for Struggling Students: Paraeducators provide very specific support to individual students.
Our paraeducators attend monthly paraeducator/teacher staff meetings and receive ongoing professional development.
There are three major ways in which Falcon Fund raises money:
- Family Donations - collected during Fall Registration or anytime through the VG Store.
- $298 single donation per child to support the Traditional Classroom Paraeducators.
- $162 single donation per child to support music, art, technology, primary science paraeducator.
- Donations are tax-deductible and Falcon Fund’s Tax ID is # 94-3043319. Donations also qualify for Corporate Matching
- Family donations generate roughly half of Falcon Fund’s annual revenue each year
- Fundraisers: Turkey Trot, Movie Nights, Family Dinner Nights, Auction, Camp VG
We appreciate your support! Thank you!